We consider a business to be benefiting New Zealand if you can show us it promotes economic growth, for example, by:
- introducing new or existing technology, management or technical skills
- introducing new, or enhancing existing products or services
- creating new of expanding existing export markets
- creating employment for New Zealand citizens or residents
- revitalising an existing business.
If you're applying under our Entrepreneur Category
We’ll also want to see that the business is likely to be trading profitably when you make your application under the Entrepreneur Category or that it has the potential to trade profitably within 12 months of you making your Entrepreneur Category application.